19 Oct FALL CARROT CAKE SMOOTHIE
Are you craving some Fall flavors but don’t want to sacrifice your wellness goals with sugary baked goods? Try a Carrot Cake Smoothie!
Carrots are loaded with nutrients, minerals, and carotenoids that act as antioxidants in the body, fighting off oxidative stress that may lead to disease and illness. It’s not only beneficial, but the beautiful colors, convenience, and creaminess make you want to FALL right in 🙂
FALL CARROT CAKE SMOOTHIE
- 1 medium banana, peeled, diced and frozen
- 1 cup diced carrots* (about 2 medium-sized carrots)
- 2/3 cup unsweetened, almond milk
- 1/2 cup plain or vanilla Greek yogurt (Feel free to remove for vegan/dairy-free version)
- 1 TBS almond butter
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1-2 Cups Ice (You may need to play with the amount depending on the size of your ice cubes, the blender you’re using, and your preference for smoothie consistency.)
- Sweetener: 3 Soaked Dates, 1 TBS Maple Syrup, or Vanilla Stevia (calorie and sugar-free option)
- Toppings: grated carrots, toasted coconut, toasted walnuts
- Protein: Vanilla Protein would be a great addition to help balance your macronutrient profile and thicken up the consistency.
- *Feel free to substitute Pure Organic Carrot Juice (approx. ⅓ C) instead of carrots
Add all ingredients to a blender and pulse for 30-60 seconds until smooth. If the smoothie is too thick, add more liquid (either almond milk or carrot juice (if used)) to thin it out. More ice will help thicken it if it’s too thin.
Garnish with toppings if desired, and serve immediately.
-Health & Wellness Coach
Picture and Recipe Inspired by: https://www.gimmesomeoven.com/carrot-cake-smoothie-recipe/