26 Feb Coconut Protein Cookies
Coconut Protein Cookies
This recipe is a slightly modified version from Dr. Jockers at The Hearty Soul. He is Maximized Living doctor, functional nutritionist, corrective care chiropractor, exercise physiologist, and certified strength and conditioning specialist.
This is a fun and yummy recipe full of fiber, healthy fat and protein. It’s a great treat option for those on either a Paleo or Ketogenic diet regimen. Coconut is a wondrous superfood, and this recipe is loaded with it! Healthy medium chain triglycerides and fiber in coconut balance blood glucose levels, keep the digestive tract regular, and feed your brain! Cookies with benefits?! – YES, please!
- 5 cups of shredded coconut flakes
- ½ cup of sunflower seeds
- ½ cup of FitTeam Lean protein powder
- 1/4 cup of Coconut Nectar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons of unrefined, coconut oil
- 1/8 cup of water
- Optional: ¼ cup raw, cacao nibs (If you want more of a chocolate chip oatmeal cookie. 🙂
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Roughly chop sunflower seeds or other nuts you may wish to use in the blender until broken up into chunks.
- Place all ingredients into a bowl and stir together, if you notice that it is too crumbly than try adding in another tablespoon of coconut oil and possibly more water.
- Scoop cookies onto a cookie tray.
- Gently press the cookies down to flatten.
- Makes about 18 cookies.
- Bake for about 15 minutes.
- Can use 2 cups coconut shreds if you do not have/want sunflower seeds.
- Can use any other kind of nut or seed
- You can use any flavored or unflavored protein powder to change up the flavor.
- Find coconut whipped cream recipe on Dr. Jockers’ site and put it in between two cookies to make an incredible coconut cookie sandwich!
-Health & Wellness Coach