06 Oct Protein Brownie Bites – Recipe
Sometimes, regardless of how hard we try to resist, temptations just persist. I know for me, chocolate and sweets are something I tend to struggle with (and I know I’m not alone).
When it comes to reaching your health and fitness goals, there are ways to be creative and satisfy cravings while not throwing all of your efforts and hard earned results to the wayside.
These little chocolatey balls of goodness are an example of how you can do just that – A little bit can go a long way in satisfying the craving while also keeping you from derailing altogether with whole, natural ingredients that don’t leave you feeling bad afterward!
Grab your FITTEAM LEAN and get to baking! 🙂
- 3/4 cup cooked rainbow quinoa (about 1/4 cup dry)
- 1/4 cup gluten-free flour mix (Bob’s Red Mill brand is great!)
- 8 medjool dates
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 2 tbsp raw cacao powder (*More may be needed depending on your level of chocolate taste desired.)
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 serving FITTEAM LEAN Protein
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Use either a food processor or high-speed blender to blend dates and almond milk until a paste is formed.
- Combine the remaining ingredients with the paste and run until smooth.
- Use a 2 tbsp cookie scoop to place on the lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 25 minutes until slightly hard on the outside. It will be soft inside and firm outside, with a cake-like consistency.
Recipe and Picture Inspiration