20 Oct Pumpkin Protein Pancakes Recipe
Looking for a sweet and savory indulgence, minus the guilt? These puffy pancakes will suffice as your treat (minus the tricks)!
I personally like to enjoy them as a pre-workout meal to give me sustained energy for a tough training session because they’re balanced in all of the macronutrients, protein, carbs, and fats. They’re full of LEAN protein (all-natural and organic) and cooked in coconut oil to reduce any kind of unnecessarily added fats typically used in making conventional pancakes, like butter. They’re low in sugar but satisfy your cravings with the natural sweetness from pumpkin puree, cinnamon, and spices.
Enjoy for breakfast, post-workout, or anytime, really. 🙂
Makes 1 Serving of 3 Pancakes
- 2 tbsp Pumpkin Puree
- 1 serving FITTEAM LEAN
- 4 tbsp liquid egg whites
- 1-2 tbsp water or almond milk (or more, as needed for a thinner consistency)
- ¼ tsp pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon
- 1 tbsp unrefined coconut oil
- Optional Toppings: Maple Syrup, Agave, Honey, Walnuts, Banana, Blueberries, or extra Cinnamon
- Stir to combine all ingredients, adding 1-2 tablespoons water or almond milk as needed for a thinner consistency.
- Heat a skillet or griddle to medium-low heat. Use coconut oil to lightly grease.
- Slowly and evenly pour the batter onto the pan to make several small pancakes.
- Cook for 3 to 5 minutes per side or until golden brown on both sides. Once the underside of the pancake is golden brown, carefully flipping and cooking all the way through.
- Remove from heat. Sprinkle with cinnamon, and top with a drizzle of maple syrup, honey, nuts or fruit, if desired.
- Enjoy the delectable flavors of Fall!