02 Nov Paleo Pumpkin Protein Pudding Recipe
Call me basic (or basically AWESOME! ???? ), but I can’t help my obsession with pumpkin pie flavored EVERYTHING in the Fall. I know, I know…But hear me out because this recipe is a delicious way to sneak some extra protein, pumpkin pie flavor, and overall power into our day! Talk about #winning! Also, chia seeds are little powerhouses, as an excellent source of fiber, omega-3 fats, protein, antioxidants, minerals, and other nutrients such as magnesium, potassium, and calcium…Whew! Not satisfied?
Good! Because there’s more!
Did you know the gel that forms around the chia seeds when they’re wet (due to soluble fiber) can actually work as a prebiotic in the gut? Prebiotics support the growth of essential probiotics and good bacteria in the gut, aiding in overall digestive health. We love them. We need them. So, whether you enjoy this protein pudding as a part of your breakfast, snack or post-workout recovery, you’ll be sure to benefit in more ways than one!
- 1.5 cups Almond Milk
- ½ cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1 serving FITTEAM LEAN
- 2 tbs Almond Butter (or other nut or seed butter)
- 1 tbs Raw Honey
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- pinch of salt
- ¼ cup Chia Seeds
- Optional Toppings: Shredded Coconut, Cinnamon, Chocolate Chips, Granola, Dried or Fresh Fruit
- Blend all ingredients, except chia seeds, until smooth.
- Place the blended mixture into a large resealable jar (or 2 smaller jars) then add chia seeds. Seal jar and shake.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours or overnight. Stirring or shaking once or twice intermittently.
- When ready to eat, you can pour some extra almond milk on top, give it a stir, and eat up!
Certified Wellness Coach
*Results will vary. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.