22 May Try a Grapefruit Today!
What do you get when you cross an orange and a pomelo…a Grapefruit! Whether you love them or hate them one thing is for sure, grapefruits are undeniably good for you. Grapefruits are full of antioxidants, nutrients, vitamins and low in calories.
Let’s take a look at some of the numerous benefits associated with consuming grapefruits.
May Aid in Weight Loss
- Studies have shown that grapefruits can improve blood pressure and lipid levels which are connected to obesity. Meaning grapefruits could have long-term weight control benefits .
- Grapefruit contains fiber which studies show lead to feelings of fullness, helping you eat fewer calories throughout your day .
May Improve Heart Health
- Consuming grapefruits regularly may reduce the risk of heart disease by helping to control blood pressure and cholesterol . The potassium in grapefruits helps lowering blood pressure because of its vasodilation effects .
- Contains flavonoids. Sorry fellas, this seems to be an advantage for only women. Studies have shown the risk of ischemic stroke was 19 percent lower for those who consumed higher amounts of flavonoids which are compounds found in citrus fruits .
May Help Fight Cancer
- Containing several antioxidants, grapefruits provide various health benefits one of which is helping to reduce the risk of cancer. Grapefruits contain Vitamin C, Beta-carotene, Lycopene and Flavanones all which are beneficial in protecting our bodies against harmful diseases .
Grapefruits may not be for everyone but if you are looking to add a new healthy item to your diet, I would suggest trying a grapefruit. Not sure you love the taste of a grapefruit, to bitter or tangy for your pallet? Try adding grapefruit to a smoothie or a salad. Looking for additional ways to improve your diet try adding FITTEAM FIT which contains grapefruit extract to your daily routine.